Today’s picture of the day:
A panorama shot of my current work station at the Dynamic Positioning (DP) desk. From Left to right you can see:
- Conning Chair- we can drive manually from this chair, control the DP desk or drive on a joystick.
- Conning screen
- 2x DP computer screens
- Fan beam controls
- ECDIS – Computerised charts used to help us navigate (we still use paper charts onboard)
- Radar (x-band repeater)
- Above the window – various indicators for thrusters & rudders etc.
- Centre Console- too many radios and phones and shark jaw controls, emergency stops you can also see our survey screen use for ultimate precision.
- Winch CCTV cameras, winch controls, winch driving chair.
You will have to forgive me for the uneven-ness of the shot, we are still rolling a fair bit onboard so its had a fair affect on taking a straight photo.